The Universities in the Republic of Macedonia provide development of the higher education, the science, the arts and the expertise directly and through the faculties i.e. the higher experts’ schools:
– Participate in the determination of the Program for high education in the Republic of Macedonia;
– Plan the development and the needs of the high education activities;
– Determine unique grounds for performing of the duties of the higher education;
– Provide financial, material and other means that are necessary for performing of the duties of the higher education institutions;
– Determine the way of performing of the scientific researches of a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary character;
– Issue diplomas;
– Organize, form and maintain a contemporary information university system;
– Establish and maintain international cooperation;
– Exchange scientific and expert services and products with domestic and foreign physical and legal entities;
– Organize regular, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies and seminars.
The private high education institutions founded in a private university perform their activities under the rules and conditions determined in the act of their establishment and the statute of the university. The private high education institutions founded outside of a university perform their activities under the rules and conditions determined in the act of their establishment and their own statute.